Recipe type: Main
- 500g plain flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tbls olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in food processor and leave to stand in fridge for 10 minutes
- Fry 300 g of chestnut mushrooms quartered in 1 tbl spoon of olive oil and spoon of butter till golden. Add one finely chopped garlic clove and cook till soft.
- Put the mushrooms to one side.
- On a low heat melt 50 g of butter in a sauce pan. When melted add 50 g of plain flour, stir very well to incorporate the flour and butter into a paste.
- Add 50 ml of milk at a time and mix well to get rid of any lumps, when the 50 ml of milk has been stirred in add another 50 ml – Keep stirring constantly so that the mixture does not burn.
- In total you will need to add 300 ml of full fat milk. Once the sauce has thickened add 100 g of grated mature cheddar and 1 tsp of English mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms to the sauce plus 30 g of chopped parsley.
- Serve on Pasta or with Chicken.